Saturday, October 15, 2016

Thank You, Bethesda

I write this letter to both Bethesda and Todd Howard with deep sadness utterly crushing my forsaken heart. There is a vexing mist within the air of culminating sorrow - one of which that my very perception of reality is altered and misjudged to the point of complete burdening solace. For I am a plague individual - one who is not sane, not in the slightest. Yet the cards I have been dealt only seem to burden me further. I’m only twenty, mind you, and I’m forced to work from my home while attempting to help my mother in anyway possible.

So I write. So I play games. That is my purpose, and something I enjoy doing dearly. College? What of the thing? The sublimity of madness is intelligence, mind you, and while I find myself disappointed to tell my own mother that I’d rather be dead than be seen in a college classroom, I will happily accept this fact, if only for my own sanity. And here’s where I owe so much to Fallout and Bethesda.

I’ve been stuck in this room for countless hours simply working! I’m in a Vault of my own, I feel, sometimes. Of course, I’ve exited every so often like every normal human being, but I’ve enraptured myself within this world I dearly enjoy. See, my father is an alcoholic - and while it pains me to see how he consistently breaks out of his usually stable behavior to pick up the demon drink for hours on end - drifting off into the night without a clue to his whereabouts for days at a time, perhaps weeks to the immense stress and behest of my hard-working mother  - I find myself immersing myself in a world. I’m sure you know which one this is.

Let me quote a song here:

“You built up a world of magic, because your real life is tragic.”

Kudos to you if you’ve caught on to the reference. I’ve immersed myself in the world and lore of Fallout, and I love writing about it because I don’t want to be in this perception of reality. All of these fan-made factions, and lore… this is my reality. This is what I want to build up as my own fictional expansion of the Fallout 4 world. What I would do if I had the chance to write DLC. I dislike when the game is criticized, because I owe so much to it - my own stronghold of sanity, at the least. Even though I do have things to critique myself, as all normal humans are capable of formulating opinions.

In summary, I’d like to thank Bethesda and Todd Howard’s team for crafting a game that I just adore so much to it’s very core that I’ve written so much lore for it. In other words, this is an explanation for why I do all of that. It just makes me happy, which is why I keep at it - even if I am not making a living off of it - and I’m only taking the scraps given to me via ad revenue on YouTube or on stuff I sell on Redbubble. And I’ll keep at it. So, thank you, Bethesda.

No comments:

Post a Comment