Friday, June 10, 2016

Random: E3 Predictions 2016

E3 Predictions 2016

Alright, let’s just get right into it. These are my predictions for E3 2016.
Playstation
- Rumors have been around for a long while about a new God of War based around Norse gods. So that’s what will happen. Kratos will be the protagonist. I’m sure Kratos is iconic in terms of Playstation for some, but I always thought he was awful, in terms of being an interesting character. The gameplay is what’s great about God of War.
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare gets mentioned here. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to that. Crowd should boo the trailer, representing the YouTube dislikes and the lackluster pre-orders.
- A new Destiny expansion will be announced. This is a sure-fire bet, I’d say. It’s been rumored for a while.
- Final Fantasy 15 will be shown off again. It will be dated at this conference, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that date gets pushed back.
- Another indie showreel… typical of these conferences.

- The Last Guardian will be shown, dated for 2027. Just kidding. Later this year. 
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake, however… Don’t hate me, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony just brushed that one under the rug. Don’t be shocked if it isn’t shown.
- You won’t see any DLC for Uncharted 4 yet. Too soon. I bet they don’t even know what it is yet.
- Sucker Punch’s new game will be shown. There’s been rumors about it being a Spider-Man game, actually… Yes, please. Please make that happen.
- Sony Bend’s game will be shown. It’s about time.
- A new Resident Evil will be there. I’m like 99% sure Resident Evil will be at Sony’s conference. The question is - what will be the name of it? Resident Evil 7? Resident Evil colon something? I think you go with RE7 or just RE as the title. I’m predicting this will be a soft reboot, and the title will go back to it’s horror roots.
- Playstation Neo will be announced, dated for this Fall. As Colin Moriarty brought up, controversy may arise over which games are running on Neo or the original Playstation during the conference. Be prepared for that storm. It’s quite possible that can happen.
- Playstation VR will get a showing here as well.
- A Shenmue collection is a possibility, but I wouldn’t count on it.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn will be given significant time, despite a delay. Sony will show a lot of confidence in this game. I have confidence too.
- That “Detroit” game would be nice to show off here as well.
- Hideo Kojima will come on stage and talk about why he chose Playstation, as well as his upcoming game. Perhaps a teaser for his new game.
- I think a sequel to The Order: 1886 is quite possible despite how the original did.
- Lastly, I think a great end to this conference would be a teaser for Bloodborne 2. That’d be awesome.
- I think Sony’s conference will be good overall. The only way they can mess it up is with Neo. They need to market and present that correctly, because there is a general distaste for that thing - and that notion seems to be the majority.
Xbox
- We’re going to see a lot on Recore hopefully. Gameplay and a release window. Probably 2017. I’m optimistic for this game, so I want to see what it is.
- I think EA will show up at this conference. Probably will show some Battlefield 1 footage. Maybe Titanfall 2 as well.
- Godd Howard comes and talks about Fallout 4 Mods or whatever. Maybe he talks about the upcoming DLC.
- I feel like something big will be announced for Backwards Compatibility. Maybe something like Red Dead Redemption will be backwards compatible. Modern Warfare 2 maybe? Something that will get the crowd going.
- Gears of War 4 gets a big showing. People will love it. Gears is on the upswing. This will be a really big game for Microsoft this year.
- Scalebound gets some gameplay. Looks interesting enough, so some more gameplay will be nice. Will it come out this year? I don’t think they need it as an exclusive release this year, so I would say that it’s slated for 2017.
- Halo Wars 2. Really excited for this. Loved the first one. They finally made an RTS work on a console, so it’d be nice to have another one.
- Sea of Thieves. I would say that a beta will be announced later this year for it. Maybe over the summer.
- Bioshock Trilogy. I know the 4th entry in the series is in development, so the trilogy would be nice to have. I love Bioshock, especially Infinite. “Booker, Catch!”
- Xbox Scorpio gets announced. The possible controversy surrounding Neo applies here as well. It will be more powerful than the Neo, I predict, and will release later than the Neo as well.
- DeadRising 4 gets shown off here. It gets a release window and gameplay.
- HoloLens will get a segment as well.
- Some new IP would be nice.
- CUPHEAD FTW

- Crackdown 3 will be given gameplay and a beta will be dated. This is another big Xbox game that I hope does well for them.

- A sequel to Sunset Overdrive is possible, but I don't think it'll happen yet. Maybe a teaser now, and then gameplay next year. 
- A really bold prediction, but I would love it if I could play Steam games on my Xbox One. If they could figure that out, I’d be really happy. There were rumors about an "Xbox Steam Powered" domain that surfaced, but I haven't heard anything since.
- A slim Xbox One has been rumored as well. Unless it’s as powerful as the Scorpio, I don’t see the point of buying one.
- The rest of the conference should be things from third-parties. Maybe Watch Dogs gets some time. Which is why I want Xbox to show off new IP. Scalebound, Recore, and Sea of Thieves are on the way - Gears and Halo have been done on this gen so far… so what’s next going forward?
Nintendo
- This should be like Bethesda’s conference last year with Fallout 4. Blow up Zelda. I hope it’s Skyrim meets Zelda in some way. Just give it the biggest showing and have people excited for what it has to offer.
- The NX will not be shown, as Nintendo said.
- Pokemon Sun and Moon will be shown. Cautiously optimistic. X and Y were not bad, but very easy - as if they wanted to cater even more to children. I know they already do with how simplistic the game is, but it’s even worse in Gen 6. Hopefully Gen 7 has better difficulty. I also hope that I don’t need a New 3DS for it to actually run well.
- Pokemon Go is given time as well. This is a game I’m very skeptical about, and I think will flop. I just don’t think it’ll be what people are expecting from it. We’ll see, though.
- Maybe some more mobile games to help with that initiative. When it comes to mobile games, Pokemon or new IP comes to mind in terms of things that’ll work. Some talk about Miitomo as well is possible, with some new content for it hopefully.
- A new Kirby possibly? I like Kirby. One of my favorite Nintendo properties, if I had to be honest.
- Mario Maker is likely to get some form of new content. Maybe they’ll show off the new update. Perhaps a port for the NX will be mentioned.
- Speaking of ports, some other possible games for NX could be shown off. I mean, if the console isn’t being shown, why not show the games at least?
- I want to see at least one third-party title here. Doesn’t have to be a big one. It’d make me a bit more confident in how well the NX will do. I do remember one of the Battlefield developers saying that he’d be willing to port Battlefield 1 over to NX, so that’s a start, right?
- A tribute for Iwata would be great. It’d make me cry, but it’d be a wonderful gesture to acknowledge him here.
- Perhaps a new Mario slated for NX.
- Ending the show off with a new Metroid would be ideal. Something to get people hyped for NX.
- Overall, I have to make predictions from scratch after Nintendo announced that they’re not doing a console announcement at E3. Thanks Nintendo, for just blowing all my predictions out of the water. I thought they’d be there in person, show the console off, and blow it up for everyone to get hyped about it. Oh well. We’ll see how the Direct is.
Bethesda
- DLC for Fallout 4 is a given. Fallout 4 has a hardocre audience that just loves the game. Loves the mods and DLC. Some DLC leaked a while back, so maybe this is where we see “Nuka World” shown off. Just not another Wasteland Workshop, please. If you do, make it so there's another workbench like Automatron. Maybe let us build manually operated vehicles like dirt bikes? I don't know. I'd rather have a "Weapons Workshop." Some more manually operated guns like Pump Shotguns would be cool.
- DLC for Doom is possible as well. God, Doom is amazing. Bethesda is hitting on all cylinders when it comes to first person shooters right now.
- It’s possible Prey 2 will get shown off. You need to fill this conference with something.
- That Elder Scrolls: Legends game is quite possible to be shown. (Totally not a Hearthstone ripoff.)
- It’s been rumored that Skyrim will get ported over for current gen. Blasphemous statement here, maybe…. But I don’t like Elder Scrolls. I just don’t like fantasy settings. I didn’t like the Witcher either. Not my kind of game. Although, give it console mod support and you’ll have my interest. I did play Skyrim a bit, so I'd be willing to put some hours into it again.
- An Obsidian Fallout will NOT be shown. I don’t know where that Fallout: New Orleans thing came from. I mean, you guys really want more Mirelurks? Those things are vicious. Maybe next year. I think they should go outside America with Obsidian’s game. Maybe Canada? A cold area would be interesting. Just give me settlements in danger and mod support, though.
- An Elder Scrolls version of Fallout Shelter where Godd Howard says “It’s coming out tonight” would be awesome. Maybe you control a village instead of a Vault. I’d play it. Fallout Shelter was fun for a while. It’s an example of how you do mobile games right.
- A new Elder Scrolls main game won’t be announced, though. I mean, come on guys. Too soon. 2018 probably.
- BattleCry? Is that a MOBA? I can’t tell what it is, but it was given a slot last year. I think it’s going to bomb. It doesn’t look good, and I don’t even know what it exactly is. Terrible name too, just like “Battleborn.”
- With Doom and Wolfenstein already out, it’s quite possible that Quake can be on the way as well. Wouldn’t be Machine or iD making it though.
- The biggest part of Bethesda’s conference should be Dishonored 2, which comes out this year. It will be shown, absolutely.
- A sequel to Wolfenstein would be optimal to end off the show. Keep building these franchises. The last Wolfenstein was great. So well done. A new one would be even better.
- Overall, I don’t think Bethesda needed to come back this year. They should’ve came back when Elder Scrolls (the big one) was ready. Despite that, I think they’ll still pull off a good conference. Praise Godd Howard.
Ubisoft
- Watch Dogs 2 obviously. It’ll get a big showing. I’m optimistic for it, honestly. Hopefully it’s better than the first one.
- New Rabbids maybe? Could be.
- How about a new Rayman? Shoutout to Raymanhill by the way, lovely curator over on PKA. New Rayman game would be nice. I think the last one did pretty well, so I wouldn't be surprised if another comes out.
- Some more content for The Division. Once I can go to my hometown of Brooklyn, I’ll pick the game up. Probably will be disappointed, but whatever. I’m sure people who like The Division will be happy to see it here.
- Wishful thinking here, but a new Valiant Hearts would be great. Maybe they can focus on WWII this time around. Although, that game is fine with just one entry as a series.
- Some more dance or workout games. Stuff like that. I don’t care.
- Some DLC for Far Cry: Primal would make sense too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that.
- I don’t think Ubisoft realizes how good South Park: The Stick of Truth was. That’s why I am super excited for them to show South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Lovely and clever name. Classic Matt and Trey. Please be released this year. Again, this might actually be the best game in Ubisoft’s lineup. If I were them, I’d give it more time. Show some gameplay even. Ubisoft confirmed on Twitter that it will definitely be shown.
- One of these games will look better than it does at launch. Probably South Park (sarcasm).
- No more cringy attempts at jokes, please. Although against that, I still think they’re going to try making jokes. Ugh. Just have Aisha Tyler say the f-bomb a few times. That’s fine enough.
- Racing game probably. Sequel to The Crew or something else. That’s what I predict. I’m not really into racing games, but go ahead and enjoy. I was in the closed beta for The Crew a while back, and I wasn’t impressed at all - enough that made me decide not to purchase it. Hopefully a sequel is more appealing. I don’t think it’ll be called “The Crew 2” if there’s a sequel, by the way. Probably “The Crew: [Insert Name]”.
- For Honor will be shown. It reminds me of Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior a little bit. You have warriors from different eras and time periods fighting to the death (like knights and samurai). It’s intriguing. I want to see more from it, for sure. Hopefully there’s a singleplayer mode, though. Seems like it’s a multiplayer-centric game at the moment.
- Ending the show with a teaser for Assassin’s Creed, dated for 2017, would be a great way to close it. I always like the settings of Assassin’s Creed, and I think they’re great for a video game world - but I never liked the gameplay. If they can work on that aspect, this soft reboot they’ll be doing will be phenomenal.
- Ubisoft conferences don’t interest me that much besides Assassin’s Creed and South Park, but maybe you will! Their other franchises just haven’t caught my interest.
Electronic Arts
- Star Wars: Battlefront DLC will be shown. Some kind of Rogue:One tie-in is possible. I don’t care. You screwed up Battlefront already, EA.
- Titanfall 2 will be shown off and dated for this year. While some may be skeptical about it being in the same timeframe as Battlefield 1, I think EA can pull it off. I mean, they’re a juggernaut. They can market both.
- Battlefield 1 is interesting to me. I didn’t play Hardline, but I kinda like Battlefield. I played some of the previous entries before. Mostly Battlefield 4. I want to see how this one is though. That WW1 setting is going to be really interesting and I'm excited for it.
- Some PvZ stuff and mobile stuff. Naturally.
- Insert all of the sports stuff here. On a side note, the only sport I like is basketball. So I can predict something based on that. NBA Live might be pushed back to January, or perhaps even eliminated altogether. Live’s sales compared to 2K were downright atrocious. Just quit, EA. 2K won the basketball market. Just spend your money developing something else. You have every other sport wrapped up, so I don’t see why you insist on making basketball games that nobody buys.
- Lo and behold! Praise the gods above! Command and Conquer gets risen from the dead and rebooted for PC! It’ll be Tiberium Dawn, but with beautiful graphics on a wonderful engine. I can dream, right?
- A Sims 4 expansion will be announced. I don't see why not. The people watching go crazy because they love The Sims. Including me.
- Besides an expansion, a console port of Sims 4 will be announced as well. I’d love that. I loved the PS3 version of Sims 3, so a console version of this one will be nice as well. I’m sure it’ll run pretty well on this current gen console. The last gen version of Sims 3 didn’t run that well at times.
- Unraveled 2 gets a teaser, possibly. Little Yarnie is likable. Yarnie > Sackboy.
- Ending the show off with Mass Effect: Andromeda would be nice. I would give it the Fallout 4 treatment before going dark on it until a few months before release.
- EA is doing their own conference this year, so this is their chance to appeal more to fans of their games rather than shareholders or reporters in the room. I want to see EA be very fan-service-like in this conference. Hopefully, that’s what we get.
So, what do you think? Any predictions of your own? I think I’ll grade myself after E3 based on how well I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment